What will I learn?
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma is a practical, work-related course which is ideal for students who have an interest in the Travel & Tourism industry.
It consists of six coursework units based on the real industry, involving visits and guest speakers, over the two year period.
This allows students to learn by:
- Completing assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
- Using independent learning skills to research information from a variety of sources.
- Exploring case studies of travel and tourism organisations within the UK and Europe.
- Investigating the business of travel and tourism, customer service, current issues and holiday
How is it assessed?
Each unit is assessed and graded by means of a portfolio piece of work.
Subjects will be covered in the 1st year
Investigating the Travel & Tourism sector.
Working in the Travel and Tourism Industry.
The UK as a Destination.
Subjects will be covered in the 2nd year
Customer Service in Travel and Tourism.
The Business of Tourism
Long-haul Travel Destinations.
The course will appeal if you:
- Have a genuine interest in the Travel and Tourism industry. You will be developing anunderstanding of organisations the markets they serve, working with customers, current issues, the location of UK and European holiday destinations and the business of travel and tourism.
- Enjoy studying a subject that will broaden your experiences.
- Want the opportunity to apply the theory of the course to practical work outside the classroom.
- Want to find out more about the subject through research, teamwork and independent study.
- Wish to study a course which is active, fun and enjoyable.
- Travel or work abroad.
- Follow a related degree at university.
- Work in the Travel and Tourism industry in any of the following roles: travel agents, holidayrep, travel consultant, tourism officer, hotel management, human resources, sales and marketing,customer service and event management.
Who should I contact for additional information?
Exam board information: EDEXCEL