English as an Additional Language (EAL) at Biddenham, is a well-resourced and valued department within the school.
Students who come to Biddenham from outside the UK make excellent progress.
- Spacious, dedicated EAL base open to students throughout the day.
- In-class support for new arrivals from bilingual teaching assistants.
- Additional subject support available during breaks and after school.
- Homework club on Fridays 2.45pm – 3.45pm.
- Transition tutor group for new arrivals.
- Language, literacy and oracy interventions for EAL students.
- Support links between school and parents/carers.
- Part of the School Inclusion Team.
- Collaboration with other subject areas.
Syeda Bibi: Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Bengali, Urdu)
Catherine Mason: EAL Coordinator and Teacher
Agata Siniecka: Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Polish)
Aleksandra Wacnik: Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Polish)
Click to download our EAL Policy