Health & Social Care Final Exam – 9th January 2023



December 2022

Dear Parent/Carer

The FINAL Health and Social care exam takes place on 9th January 2023. This is 25% of your child’s overall GCSE grade, the remaining 75% is coursework.

Following recent assessments, it has been identified that your child is currently underachieving against their target grade in the subject. The Health and Social Care Department are keen for all students to reach their full potential and therefore we would like to highlight some opportunities and interventions available:

Please note in addition to this students are encouraged to work independently, produce their own revision materials such as flashcards or mind maps and to purchase the revision guide.

I hope you agree that these interventions can help to support your child’s understanding of Health and Social Care and develop their exam technique so we kindly ask that you encourage your child to attend these sessions.  If you would like more information about any of the above interventions please do not hesitate to contact the Health and Social Care Department.

Yours sincerely

Meredyth Powell

Head of Health and Social Care