Art & Design Intervention


1st December 2023

Dear Parent/Carer

At Biddenham we aim to help students achieve their full potential. In Art & Design the coursework portfolio is worth 60% of the GCSE Qualification. The class spend year 10 and the first part of year 11 working on the two projects which make up their coursework. From January in year 11, students start preparing for their Externally Set Assignment which is worth the remaining 40% of the final GCSE.

In order to help students to progress, we are organising an Art & Design breakfast program before school each week. The class sessions are compulsory and are from 7.45am – 8.45am each Tuesday starting on 5th December 5th in D3 classroom.

The expectation is that students attend all of the sessions until they are completely up to date with their coursework and signed off by their teacher. Breakfast will be provided for all students who attend the sessions.

Thank you for supporting your child in this matter. If you would like to discuss this please do not hesitate to contact me at the school.

Yours sincerely

Miss E Parker

Head of Visual Arts