‘Developing the whole child’
In addition to the core curriculum, we provide a wide range of additional opportunities for students. The list below gives an example of the flavour of what is available as part of the wider curriculum and we continue to provide new opportunities regularly. At Biddenham we continue to prioritise developing the whole child.
In order for you to gain a rich curriculum experience we also offer subjects on rotation every half term:
- Art and Textiles
- Design Technology
- Religious Education
- Computing and ICT for year 8 (Computing is delivered as off timetable days for year 7s to allow students to explore exciting projects over a period of time.)
To promote the development of confidence and Key Stage 4 readiness we have additional subjects that are explored at Key Stage 3 to help every student build confidence and find their element. These subjects are also supported by core curriculum and are delivered during the normal school hours that you would not experience in any of the other local schools:
- Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Essential Life Skills (ELS)
Further information on these can be found following the links at the end of this page.
In addition to this, students also have opportunities to be involved in a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and some examples are listed below:
- The tutorial Student Mentor Programme includes opportunities for students to take on leadership roles.
- Students are welcomed to apply to be on our Student Forum to share their views on school and the wider world.
- Super Learning Days allow us to organise visits and trips locally and across London. During Super Learning Days, we also invite a wide variety of specialist external providers to work with our students for an opportunity to further develop one of the curriculum areas through an exciting project.
- Drama, Dance and Music are promoted and our students have opportunities to perform to a wider audience.
- Sports facilities are used widely and we open them up to students before school, at lunchtime and after school. We have a number of table tennis tables that students can use at lunchtimes along with a wide range of clubs or equipment that can be loaned out at lunchtime and after school.
- There are a wide range of sports teams which take part in a range of tournaments.
- Nurture groups at lunchtimes.
- Teachers run clubs such as Computing, Languages, STEM, Art, Natural History and much much more.
If you are interested in the recent events please take a look at our social media pages.
See our extra-curricular opportunities below:
Lunchtime and After School Clubs
Examples of PE and Performing Arts Extra-Curricular Opportunities