16+ Level 2 Course
At Biddenham we are one of the few remaining sixth forms to offer a 1 year Level 2 course.
This course is for students who have achieved a minimum Grade 3 in English and Maths, along with a minimum of 4 other Level 2 qualifications at grade 2 or above.
The aim of the Level 2 Course is for the students to improve their suite of GCSE and/or BTEC Level 2 qualifications in order to progress to GCE (A Level) and/or BTEC Level 3 Qualifications, (or to progress onto further education opportunities at another provider).
16-19 Level 3
This course is for students who have achieved either:
Grade 4 English Language and Maths Qualifications and a minimum of 3 other Level 2 qualifications at Grade 4 or above.
Grade 4 English Language and a minimum of 6 other Level 2 Qualifications at Grade 4 or above.
The aim of the Level 3 Course is for students to develop their academic knowledge to fully prepare themselves for further study at college or University, apprenticeships or the world of work. 85% of Biddenham sixth former leave and attend University, the remaining 15% move into work or higher apprenticeships.
At Biddenham, students will select up to 4 (A level or Level 3 qualifications) for study in year 12, alongside either Extended Project Qualification and/or Core Mathematics. Students can then reduce to 3 qualifications in year 13, after appropriate information, advice and guidance.
Please read the two documents below for more detailed information: